National Project & Advocacy Coordinator (Head Office, DKI Jakarta)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to: National Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time Contract
Duration : 3 (three) months, July 2021 to September 2021
About DFW Indonesia
Destructive Fishing Watch (DFW) Indonesia is a national institution in the form of an open alliance/consortium that brings together institutions and individuals who care about destructive fishing (DF)
About SAFE Seas Project
SAFE Seas focuses on improving enforcement to combat labor exploitation and decreasing the social constructs that enable this situation on fishing vessels. Activities will include strengthening, or creating when necessary, rules, institutions, and processes that protect workers, while also strengthening workers’ awareness of rights and reporting abilities.
Purpose of the Role
National Project & Advocacy Coordinator (NPC) will own the overall process for field operations, including driving & tracking the performance of field teams; driving achievement of targets; coordinating with local partners and governments; building a culture of mentorship and professional development; and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement. The NPC will serve as the key “eyes and ears” resource in SAFE Seas Project DFW Indonesia and will be responsible for regularly synthesizing updates on operational. The role will have significant responsibility and a high degree of autonomy in project and team
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability to help with brainstorming possible solutions to the problem as well as the ability to contribute more extensively to risk identification, analysis, and response
- When the team gets into a crunch, the ability to pitch in and keep the schedule on track.
- Ability to manage programs and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of project outcomes and results
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge of methodologies, assessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations
- Ability to identify and organize programs and projects to implement solutions and generate resources
Collaboration and Partnership
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside (Programmes/projects) or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support. Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of DFW and SAFE Seas Project
Learning and Development
- Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to enhance the fulfillment and performance of employees
Gender Issues and Analysis
- Knowledge of gender issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, including analysis of projects from a gender perspective
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Intermediate level of Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Leadership & Innovation
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication & Relationship Management
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
Minimum Academic Education
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science, Social Science, Environmental Science, or related field.
Minimum years of relevant Work experience
- Minimum 2 years for Master’s Degree or 3 years for Bachelor’s Degree of relevant hands-on experience in design, program/project development, project management, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in the areas of sustainable development, development finance, sustainable/green/social finance, public policy, environment, policy analysis, public financial management or other related areas.
- Knowledge and experience of NGO System is an advantage.
- Experience of working with the Government of Indonesia, development partners, private sector, universities on SDG, and development finance will be an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web-based management systems will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting the administration of Learning Technology, Learning Management System, or Sustainable Development Goals related projects will be highly desirable.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
- The ability to written and spoken in Bahasa Indonesia and English is required.
What’s On Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Helping the Indonesian fishing boat labor to be sustainable jobs and also get their rights,
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan & BPJS Kesehatan
- Salary Offer IDR. 10.000.000,- (non negotiable)
HOW TO APPLY :
Send the applications for the position before 17 June 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com with the subject “SAFE Seas Project – National Project & Advocacy Coordinator”
or Apply via Linkedin
which must include :
- a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirement, and
- a detailed curriculum vitae/resume
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
- Jenis pekerjaan : Penuh waktu