Finance & Administration Officer (Bitung, North Sulawesi)
Location : Bitung, North Sulawesi. Indonesia
Report to : Finance/Admin Supervisor
Position Type : Full-Time Contract
Duration : 11 (eleven) months, November 2020 to September 2021
About DFW Indonesia
Destructive Fishing Watch (DFW) Indonesia is a national institution in the form of an open alliance/consortium that brings together institutions and individuals who care about destructive fishing (DF) or Environmentally Friendly Fishing (PITRaL) activities, poverty, adaptation to climate change and natural disasters in Indonesia. The spirit of this alliance is built to eradicate DF practices comprehensively and promote fishing gear patterns that have an impact on sustainable fisheries.
About SAFE Seas Project
SAFE Seas focuses on improving enforcement to combat labor exploitation and decreasing the social constructs that enable this situation on fishing vessels. Activities will include strengthening, or creating when necessary, rules, institutions, and processes that protect workers, while also strengthening workers’ awareness of rights and reporting abilities.
Purpose of the Role
You will report all financial and administration matters relating to implementation of the project in Bitung North Sulawesi. You will work closely with the Field Coordinator & Finance Manager to support program activities mainly for finance, procurement and administration report.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Administering the disbursement of funds within the approved budgetary allocations, in accordance with established regulations and procedures of DFW Indoenesia.
- Checking all payment vouchers has requisite approvals and backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DFW and Donor regulations.
- Under the supervision of the Financial Coordinator, lead the preparation of payroll statements, allowances, travel claims, petty cash disbursement and payments to vendors and other claimants.
- Prepare monthly projections for project monthly activities with field coordinator;
- Maintain procurement, managing office purchases, ensuring that sufficient essential supplies and stationery are available,
- Provide financial report on a weekly, and monthly basis;
- Provide accounting assistance as required by the organization to support the financial audit process.
- Provide administrative assistance to ensure good financial record and management.
- Carrying out other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Provide financial management inputs in design, implementation, and monitoring funded activities, as needed.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required based on project needs. Weekend work may be required
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE :
- Passionate about social issues
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Business or related fields with a minimum of two years of professional experience ; fresh graduate are welcome to apply
- experience in handling the Finance and grant management for international donor institutions and NGOs is advantage
- knowledge of procurement processes is desirable
- Strong financial detail and report-writing skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications and financial accounting and its software.
- Fluency in English
- Be able to work with minimal supervisions and ability to work in a problem-solving environment
What’s On Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Helping the Indonesian fishing boat labor to be sustainable jobs and olso get their rights,
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan & BPJS Kesehatan
- Book /Online course budget every month
HOW TO APPLY :
Send the applications for the position before 20 October 2020 to email@example.com with subject “Finance/Administration Officer”,
which must include :
- a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations,
- a detailed curriculum vitae, and
- a list of three references and their contacts.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
- Salary Offer Rp. 5.000.000,- (non negotiable)